These almond crackers are the absolute bomb! What a secret find. I can’t give enough thanks to the inventory of this recipe.
I love it because it is simple, easy, and just super good. It totally allows me to snack in the evening, and gives the same satisfying salty crunch as popcorn. Even better, when I am doing a low-carb diet, this yummy cracker is completely allowed.
The primary ingredient is almond flour, which has some amazing surprising benefits! Almonds are said to lower cholesterol, contain beneficial fats, anti-oxidants, and fibre. They are an amazing source of Vitamin E, which helps with anti-aging (I’m all about that these days!). They help with blood sugar, and they are anti-inflammatory. Wow! Almonds got a lot going on for them!
So, next time you bite into this cracker, do so completely guilt free!
2 cups of crackers
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flax seed (ground)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp water
- Crushed course himalayan salt
quick and easy directions
- Add almond flour to a bowl.
- Add flax seed and sea salt.
- Stir together.
- Add water, and mix into a dough.
- Lay out parchment paper, and place dough on top. Cover with clear plastic seal and roll out to 1/8 thickness, and the size to a cookie sheet.
- Slice the crackers into the size that you want them before baking. I then grind himalayan sea onto the tops of the crackers.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins.
- When edges are turning brown, check the crackers for crispness. They are done when crispy.